Taco Soup




Taco Soup

½ lb. hamburger

½ cup chopped onion

½ cup green or red pepper chopped

1 can tomatoes (diced and with juice)

1 pkg. taco seasoning mix

15 oz. can kidney beans with juice

12 oz. can of corn (I like niblets)

½ cup salsa

Sliced olives

Brown hamburger, onions and peppers. Drain off fat. Then dump in all the remaining ingredients. Simmer on low for 20-30 minutes. Add olives. Serve with sour cream, grated cheese, and tortilla chips or Fritos. So yummy and so easy!

*Note: For those of you who grow green peppers in a garden or like to stock up when they are on sale: this is my tip. I chop them up in bulk and than using snack plastic baggies I measure out a half cup of chopped green pepper in each bag. Freeze them. Then throughout the year when you cook this meal you can just dump one bag of green peppers into the hamburger and onion mixture and its ready to cook!

1 comments:

Lindy said...

mmmmmmmmm, I love taco soup! It reminds me of "Frito Pie" which I was served allot in Texas! Whats not to love about salty fritos and cheese and some warm meaty sauce???

Oh btw, the super easiest way to make frito pie, the texas way, is to just open a mini bag of fritos, pour part of a can of chili right in the bag, and some sour cream. Maybe cheese too. Eat it right out of the bag! Im not kidding!

Post a Comment

 
Our Comfort Foods © 2011